Saturday, October 25, 2014

Ch. 14 - Marketing Channels and Retailing

Dr.Martens has stores all around the world 33 stores can be found in Asia, 6 in Europe, 20 in the United Kingdom,and 17 in North America. Doc martens can also be found in other stores like Famous foot wear, Urban Outfitters, Macys, Nordstrom and many other places. Recently I visited the Doc Marten store in New York which can be found in Union Square.

When I first walked in the first thing that caught my eye was the decoration of the store it had vintage looking couches made out of velvet material and other couches with worn out leather material. After I got greeted by one of the workers and they went right back to fixing the shelves, which didn't bother me because I prefer to have a look around the store without having someone following me. As I walked around I noticed that most of the lighting was focused on the shoes. The shelves had their own lighting installed to them which I found to be a really interesting technique because it catches your attention right away. The store had one side with Women shoes and the other with mes shoes. The colorful boots were set on a nice wooden table right in the middle of the store and there were boots set on little night stands and tables all through out the store everything was made out of wood which gave everything a nice cozy feel to the store. As I walked in deeper inside the store I noticed all the way in the back a clothing rack with coats and shirts that were unisex these items are sold only in doc marten stores and online. They had shelves with bags all made out of vegan leather. By the counter I noticed all these different accessories to buy like laces and socks and shoe care items like polish and shiner brushes. The whole store was very organized and it didn't feel like I was looking at a pile of boots when walked in. I also liked how they displayed their other line of products like their clothing and bags at the back keeping the focus on the shoes more.
Walking into a doc marten store you will definitely see something you have never seen before keeping customers always coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment